Miles Mason, Sr. is joined by principal accountant Cherry Blanton to debate the gender disparity in public accounting and the way forward for the CPA career from a gender dynamics perspective. See the total interview right here.
Cherry Blanton, CPA joined Watkins Uiberall, PLLC in 2019 as a Principal within the attest group bringing together with her intensive non-public firm, not-for-profit, and worker profit plan expertise. Previous to becoming a member of Watkins Uiberall, she beforehand served purchasers as a shareholder with a high ten nationwide accounting agency. With greater than 20 years of public accounting expertise, she has supplied assurance and consulting companies to purchasers in quite a few industries together with promoting, manufacturing, development, distribution, actual property and investments. Her purchasers have included numerous sorts of homeowners starting from non-public fairness corporations to household teams. She has expertise managing audit engagements for corporations with complicated possession constructions, consolidations, and a number of entities.
Cherry serves because the Agency’s Worker Profit Plan Follow Chief. As a part of her dedication to supply the very best high quality service to her purchasers, she attends the annual Worker Profit Plan convention sponsored by the AICPA. She additionally has particular mission expertise in profit plan compliance companies.
Memberships and management embody:
- American Institute of Licensed Public Accountants (AICPA);
- Tennessee Society of CPAs (TSCPA), Previous President of Memphis chapter, Worker Profit Plans Convention, Planning Committee member
- Monetary Executives Worldwide, (FEI), Previous President of Memphis chapter
- Advisory Board Member for the College of Memphis – Memphis Institute for Management Schooling (“MILE”) mentoring program
- Advisory Board Member, Division of Administration in Fogelman School of Enterprise